Sunday, November 13, 2016

This is the Speech That Donald Trump Needs to Deliver. Today.

Allow me to engage in a bit of fantasy.........Here is the speech that I would like to see President-Elect Trump deliver as soon as possible:
-------------------------------------------------
My fellow Americans. Our country is divided. The election is over. Whether you like it or not, I have been chosen to lead for the next four years. I have been given a mandate for change and my team and I plan to go full speed ahead. That is both my right and responsibility.

Change is hard. It can be exhilarating for some and difficult for others. For the past eight years President Obama has led our country. He brought his vision of change to the White House. It is now my turn. That is how Democracy works.

As difficult as it can be for some of you to accept my victory, I want to take this opportunity to let you know that, although my administration will look very different from that of President Obama, the basic values of our nation will not be altered.  The Founders of these United States envisioned a country where all people had the rights to be free and equal under God. This will not change in a Trump presidency.  As I write these words, people are marching in the streets of our nation's great cities to protest the outcome of the election. While I obviously disagree with their anger, I understand their frustration. I also support their right to peacefully and non-violently express their views. I hope that, once I formally take office in January, my administration and I  will have the opportunity to show them that we are not all that different. I, too, love America. I will not only be the president of the Republican Party- but of ALL Americans.

In addition to those expressing their angst in legitimate protest, I also am painfully aware that there are some who are choosing to show their support of my presidency by raising the ugly flags of racism, anti-Semitism, xenophobia and other forms of discrimination. I want to state clearly and unequivocally that this is wrong. It is intolerable. It is against all that I and all that our nation stands for. No American should ever be afraid because of who they are, what they believe, who they love, how they love, where they come from or the color of their skin. I want to state - unequivocally - that I disavow and condemn in the strongest terms any groups or individuals who see my election as a mandate for the dissemination or legitimization of racist or white supremacist views or policies. Those who persist in hateful acts, speech, or terror will not be tolerated. Period. 

It is my responsibility to earn your trust. This has been a grueling and, frankly, ugly campaign. My promise to you is that, even when we disagree, I will continue to work on behalf of our nation and the entire free world. This is my task and I humbly accept it.

May God bless the United States of America.
Donald Trump- President Elect

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete