Saturday, July 25, 2015

Two Videos of Israeli Religious Life - One Beautiful, One Upsetting

Dear Friends,
Several people have asked that I post the video I took on Rosh Chodesh Av, 5775 at the Kotel where I was attacked by Ultra Orthodox, Haredi thugs simply because I and seveeral of my colleagues dared to pray with and and protect Nashot Ha Kotel - Women of the Wall.  If you listed carefully, you will hear one of the older men calling me a "Nazi" and "Your name should be blotted out!"
It should be noted that these disgusting people do not represent all of Judaism in Israel - far from it!  I've also posted a short video from Kabbalat Shabbat at the Jerusalem Train Station where hundred of men, women and children danced with the Israeli singing grop, Navah Tehillah.  There was a lot more holiness at the train station than at the wall......

Being Attacked by Ultra Orthodox thugs at the Western Wall
Welcoming Shabbat With Navah Tehillah at the Jerusalem Train Station

No comments:

Post a Comment