Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps…..

Tomorrow morning, Rabbi Mitch and Stacey Delcau and my wife, Sue and I will be joining with members of the 10th grade Confirmation class from Temple Emanuel as we travel to New York. I am very excited about the trip. This year's Confirmation Class is a great group. We will also be joined by the Confirmands from Temple Beth Israel in Carmel, CA along with my good friend, classmate and former Emanuel Rabbi, Bruce Greenbaum and his wife, Susan.

It has been a while since I have taken a group of students to New York. When I was an Assistant Rabbi in Minneapolis, we also used to take our students on this trip. It always has been memorable.

While in NY, we will have an opportunity to visit the Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, The Jewish Museum, The Lower East Side, Ellis Island and many other important historic and important centers of Jewish life. We also will be attending Shabbat services at two synagogues, taking in two Broadway shows, eating a lot and doing a bit of shopping.

What I'm most looking forward to is the opportunity to spend quality time with our students.

Rabbi D and I will be "Tweeting" throughout the trip. If you'd like to follow our adventures, look for #EmanuelNYC on Twitter.

Start spreading the news……

L'Shalom,

 

RJB

No comments:

Post a Comment